Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sometimes through the week I feel the need to visit my kitchen and make something nice and kickback with a drink, just to make the weekdays a little bearable. Well this dish, I was inspired to make on such a night.
- 450 g chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon paprika or 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle pepper, for added flavor (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons yogurt or 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place these in a mortar and pestle/ grinder to make a fine powder-.
- Black pepper, Paprika/ Red chili powder, Chipotle pepper, Garam masala, Cumin seeds, Oregano, Salt, Garlic cloves.
- Transfer this in a zip-loc bag, add 2 Tbsp of Lemon juice, and 2 Tbsp of Sour cream or Yogurt.
- Place the Chicken breasts (450 g )into this bag and rub the contents all over them. Leave this to marinate for about 40 mins to an hour.
- Transfer these onto the baking dish. Drizzle 2 tbsp of Olive oil on the surface and grill for 15 minutes in a pre-heated oven. Turn the chicken breast back side up, and drizzle with some olive oil and grill for another 10 -15 minutes.
- Rest for 1 minute, and serve. I garnished it with some lemon wedges and Mayo which went as a good dip with this. You could even garnish with Cilantro or Coriander.