Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Contrary to many Indian dishes, this comes together quickly. Great on the grill for a change.
Make and share this Spicy Indian Grilled Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, coarse grind
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces
- Combine all marinade ingredients well.
- Coat chicken pieces in marinade paste.
- Marinate from 1 hour, or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Grill over medium coals until browned, about 15 minutes each side.
Great blend of flavors, and our chicken on the grill was moist (boneless breasts). I served it with mango sauce as an optional topping. I sauteed a batch on the stove top and it was not as good: the chicken "taste" overpowered with the spice blend flavor. I plan to mix the spices here, and give them in gift bottles with instructions to add the last three ingredients to make the "paste."
I love this:0
I use this recipe all the time when I grill chicken thighs to add to jarred curry or masala simmer sauces. I love it so much that I tend to eat at least a thigh or more prior to adding it to the sauce, it's so tasty, and gets a nice little char to it. I highly recommend this.