Recipe by Soluna
From Australian Women's Weekly. You will need 1/3 cup uncooked rice for this recipe.Meat mixture can be prepared and refrigerated the day before required. The uncooked mixture can be wrapped and frozen for up to 3 months if desired. Cooking time is an estimate as each barbecue or grill is different.
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons fruit chutney
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef with onion.
- Mix in rice and spices.
- Divide mixture into 8, roll each portion into sausage shapes,insert skewers lengthways through centres.
- Barbecue or grill, turning frequently, until brown, brush with a little chutney towards end of cooking time.