Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- In a 1 quat saucepan cook onion,garlic and gingerroot in hot oil till onion is golden brown.
- Stir in curry powder,cook for 1 minute more.
- Add barbecue sauce,paprika,salt and pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil,reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat,cool slightly.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Place sauce in a blender cover and blend until smooth.