Pillsbury Dough Girl's Note:
A tasty, creative, and inexpensive meal. This works for imitation crab meat, which is easily separated into small pieces. Feel free to use any vegetables that are quick to cook. The oil keeps the imitation crab from burning and the remaining marinade (which is fine, since the imitation crab is precooked) is used for the potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 gallon ziploc bag (optional)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- cayenne pepper, for heat (optional)
- 16 ounces imitation crabmeat, separated
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1Soak 12 wooden skewers in a shallow pan with something on top to keep them under water.
- 2Peel and cut the potatoes into 3/4-1 inch cubes. Cut the onion into squares and slice the zucchini.
- 3In a gallon Ziploc bag or bowl, combine the oil, butter or margarine, lemon juice, water, pepper, salt, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, and cayenne pepper, if using. Toss to mix.
- 4Add the last four ingredients to the bag and toss to coat.
- 5Heat the coals if using them, since it takes 15 minutes before the coals are ready.
- 6Drain the water from the wooden skewers and assemble with imitation crab, onion, tomatoes and zucchini.
- 7Place the potatoes in the Ziploc bag or bowl with the remaining marinade. Coat the potato pieces.
- 8Wrap the covered potatoes in tin foil and place on the heated grill 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- 9Grill the shish kabobs until the vegetables are cooked through.
- 10Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Imitation Crab Shish Kabobs With Roasted Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.9
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.6 mg
- Sodium 2319.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 22.9 g