Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a different kind of hush puppy recipe as it has chunks of corn, onions, and jalapenos. Very easy to make, and so delicious that you won't want to stop eating them!
- 2 -3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a deep fryer or small-medium saucepan, heat 2 inches of oil to 375°F If you are using your stovetop, you will reach 375F on medium low heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Stir in wet ingredients, including onion and jalenpenos.
- Drop tablespoons of batter into hot oil, 3 at a time. Fry about 3 minutes, turning once. Drain on paper towels.