Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A very easy and delicious side dish with fried fish. The cayenne pepper and jalapenos can be omitted for those who can't handle hot food.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 jalapenos, chopped (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix beer, eggs, onion, and jalapenos.
- Add wet mixture to dry and stir just until moistened.
- Heat at least 3 inches of oil to 375.
- Drop rounded tablespoonsful into oil.
- Fry 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.