Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
A quick burger for a mid-week meal. Regular Dijon or Spicy Brown Mustards won't do: the horseradish is definately the kicker! For you low-carb folks, I have had this wrapped in a lettuce leaves and garnished with a cucumber-tomato relish, and it was quite good!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chili paste with garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (a good splash!)
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (I used Italian-style)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- hamburger bun
- Mix together the chili-garlic paste, mustard, and soy sauce in small bowl.
- Using hands, gently combine mixture into beef, along with the red onion, salt, and pepper.
- Use enough of the bread crumbs to give the beef some texture: be careful not to overwork!
- Shape about 6 patties.
- Grill or bake on stove top to desired degree of doneness.
- Grill or toast your buns, add any desired condiments (Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion, Trappey's Jalapenos, cheese, more horseradish-mustard!) and enjoy!