Recipe by Scoutie
This got many rave reviews on the other site. However, most said it was too thick. So some added about half the liquid from the canned chick peas, a little more olive oil and more lemon juice. I think some roasted red pepper would be good. Good basic recipe that you can adjust to taste, for our tastes I will most likely add more of the seasonings, and add a dash of cayenne too. From Food Network. Posted for ZWT6.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons tahini sesame paste
- extra-virgin olive oil, a drizzle
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- coarse salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- pita bread, grilled and cut into wedges for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans, tahini, oil, pepper flakes, cumin, coriander, garlic, salt, and lemon juice in food processor bowl and grind into a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a small dip dish and surround spread with warm pita wedges.
- This recipe makes a great appetizer, or anytime snack.