Recipe by partysweets
This is my own creation and is our family favorite. I make it as a movie night snack or a quick lunch with pita chips. I use a Vitamix Blender to mix this at home, but I have used an Oster Blender and it worked in that too.
Top Review by loof
Great tasty hummus! I made half of the recipe and loved the smoky flavor from the ancho chili. I did add just a little water so that it wouldn't be quite so thick and it came out smooth and creamy. Served with warm pita bread and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2014
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt, add more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 dried ancho pepper
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Franks Red Hot)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup raw sesame seeds
- 2 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain 1 can of chick peas and use the other with the liquid.
- Add ingredients to blender in order listed.
- Mixture will be very thick and may need tamping.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- This makes a large batch of hummus. It keeps very well in the fridge.