Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just because I love hummus so much, I'm posting recipes from a book I found. Source: Hummus by Avner Laskin
- Soak chickpeas overnight in 10 cups of cold water.
- Drain the peas, rinse, and transfer to a large pot.
- Add the other 10 cups of water, baking powder and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low and cook uncovered for 2 hours or until peas are soft enough to crush in your hand.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 40 minutes.
- Strain, reserving liquid for later.
- Place peas to a food processor adding the tahini, olive oil, chili sauce, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Puree into a smooth paste.
- If the paste is to thick add a little more cooking liquid.
- Add salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until chilled.
- Drizzle some chili oil over top and serve cold.