Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found these wings in Taste Of Home magazine. I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this for safe keeping.
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup louisiana style hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds, plus
- 1 teaspoon celery seed, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- oil, for deep fat frying
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a large saucepan, bring the butter, hot sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, 2 tablespoons celery seed and lemon juice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder and remaining celery seed. Add wings, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep fat fryer, heat oil to 375. Fry wings, a few at a time, for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Place in a large bowl; add sauce and toss to coat.