Recipe by Chef Santoku Chops-a-lot
I was at a loss of what to do with my last can of V8 juice and made this up as I found the V8 too spicy to drink alone.
- 1 lb boneless beef top round steak
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 3 (15 ounce) canswhole potatoes, drained
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can spicy hot V8
- 2 medium white onions, cut in rings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons lime pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the round steak with the sea salt.
- cut the steak into palm size pieces.
- coat the steak pieces in the flour generously.
- In a skillet pour the canola oil and set on medium heat.
- When the oil is hot add the steak and cook until browned.
- remove the steak and set in a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- top the steak with the onion rings.
- and pour the V8 juice over the meat.
- arrange the drained potatoes around the meat
- evenly arrange the drained green beans through out the casserole dish.
- combine the water and cornstarch until smooth and pour around the casserole dish. this will make the gravy thicker.
- sprinkle the lime pepper on top of the vegetables to season.
- cover with foil
- bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 90 min then uncover bake for 30 min more to brown.