Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Mm Mm! This recipe is so easy and makes a huge batch. It's great for freezing and re-heating later. I modified my family's taco soup recipe, and now it has more of the consistency of chili. I'm not sure what to call it!
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 1 (15 ounce) can hot chili beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes with jalapenos (or green chilies)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix (not buttermilk)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- sour cream
- crushed tortilla chips
- hot sauce
- Brown meat and onion together.
- Add water and seasoning envelopes.
- In a large pot, combine all five cans with the meat and mix thoroughly.
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes.
First thing out of hubby's mouth was...finally man food...this does make a lot...and it sure is spicy...Hubby topped his with everything listed...I used cheese and sour cream with a bit of diced jalapeno...I think this should be called a chili...it's nice and thick...this would be wonderful cooked over a camp fire...thanks for posting it...Made for Spring 2014 PAC =)
Made half a recipe and still have leftovers. Very good flavors and came out nice and thick. Think I will use it for taco salad soon.