Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
They are especially tasty with icy cold beer or with tequila drinks. Other varieties of nuts such as cashews, pistachios, almonds, and so on can be prepared in the same way. Roasted/toasted in a skillet means a light golden brown tan. Time and temp are subject to variations, say medium hot at a few mins at a light sizzle. It's a bit of trial and error but not hard.
- 6 -8 whole garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh piquin chilies or 1 tablespoon small dried chili
- 4 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 cups whole raw peanuts
- sea salt
- lime, quarters
- Cook the garlic and chiles in the oil until the garlic is light gold.
- Add the peanuts and continue to cook until the peanuts are "roasted". Maybe 5-7 min while stirring often. Kinda like a very light stir fry.
- Remove with slotted spoon to paper towels.
- Sprinkle with ground sea salt.
- The peanuts are served warm with wedges of lime to squeeze over them.
- Other varieties of nuts such as cashews, pistachios, almonds, and so on can be prepared in the same way.
This recipe wasn't at all helpful. I don't know when the peanuts are "roasted". I have never roasted peanuts and this recipe was missing cook time and temperature.