Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A zesty cole slaw with a kick. Be sure and let it sit in the fridge overnight so the flavors can marinate together.
- 4 cups cabbage (or 1 bag precut cabbage)
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 4 -6 whole jalapenos, diced
- Dice cabbage, green pepper, red pepper, jalapenos, and onion.
- Place in large bowl.
- In small bowl mix together salt, sugar, oil, vinegar, and water.
- Mix well.
- Pour over cabbage, peppers, and onions and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, mix well.
Loved it! It had a lot of liquid the next day, but just used a slotted spoon to serve.