Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this on the internet somewhere years ago. I haven't made it in a while, but I remember that it was good. I'm guessing at the servings, basing it on 1/4 cup of mix per serving.
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar
- 7.39 ml vanilla powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 118.29 ml cocoa
- 0.25 ml ground cloves
- 709.77 ml powdered milk
- Mix well in a large bowl, or run it through the blender or food processor (recommended).
- Test it by mixing a small amount with hot water, then adjust the cocoa, sugar, chili powder, or whatever to taste.
- If you can't find powdered vanilla, you could use vanilla milk mix (like chocolate milk mix), or even vanilla pudding. Just taste-test first, because the vanilla flavor won't be as concentrated in either of those as the actual powdered vanilla.
- Other than making hot cocoa, you can also add this to a cup of coffee for a spicy latte-type drink.
This was really really good. I made this into a spicy cocoa decaf latte and it was excellent, I look forward to making it again. For the vanilla I used the sugar free vanilla syrup from starbucks. Thanks so much for the recipe.
This was good although a bit spicy for me. However, I think that my brothers would love it so it's going in their Christmas baskets this year. Thanks for posting! :D