Recipe by Malriah
Yummy chicken dish that is similar to Orange Peel Chicken or Beef. Can be adjusted to suit tastes for spicy and/or sweet.
Top Review by JustJanS
Well Kari, I made this as promised, and it was great! I scaled the recipe down to serve 1 (me) and made it for dinner tonight. I used olive oil instead of butter, half a fresh Thai Birdseye Chilli instead of dry flakes, and I reduced the sauce again after I added the juice and honey etc. Tonight I ate it with roasted potatoes, garlic mushrooms, baby peas and an Australian reisling. I wish you could have shared it with me!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 oranges, juice of
- x orange, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- chopped green onion (, to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in pan, add chicken and garlic.
- Cook until chicken is 3/4 done.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with wine, allow to reduce by one half.
- Add orange juice, zest, honey and red pepper flakes.
- Bring just to a boil.
- Return chicken breasts to pan and reduce heat to a high simmer.
- Continue cooking until chicken is done.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.