Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy chicken dish that is similar to Orange Peel Chicken or Beef. Can be adjusted to suit tastes for spicy and/or sweet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in pan, add chicken and garlic.
- Cook until chicken is 3/4 done.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with wine, allow to reduce by one half.
- Add orange juice, zest, honey and red pepper flakes.
- Bring just to a boil.
- Return chicken breasts to pan and reduce heat to a high simmer.
- Continue cooking until chicken is done.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
Well Kari, I made this as promised, and it was great! I scaled the recipe down to serve 1 (me) and made it for dinner tonight. I used olive oil instead of butter, half a fresh Thai Birdseye Chilli instead of dry flakes, and I reduced the sauce again after I added the juice and honey etc. Tonight I ate it with roasted potatoes, garlic mushrooms, baby peas and an Australian reisling. I wish you could have shared it with me!
This chicken recipe was okay, nothing special. I was really looking forward to the citrus taste, but didn't get much of it. I think it would have been better if the orange (after reduction) would have been injected into the chicken.
YUMMY ! I am so glad that I made this. Most of the orange chicken recipes that I've tried are so ingredient heavy and take a ton of prep time. This one is so easy and taste as good as the other recipes. I wouldn't change anything about the recipe. It was spicy enough for me and I wouldn't add any more heat unless you really like it extra hot. I didn't serve it over rice or noodles. I just used it as the main meat alone. I am hosting 12 ladies at my house this week and I am going to make chicken bites with this same recipe. I also used my leftovers on top of a salad and I must say the sauce makes a great salad dressing so that's good enough reason to double the sauce next time. Thanks Malriah !