1/11 Photos of Spicy Honey-Orange Chicken
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
If you like General Tzo's Chicken, you will probably like this flavorful dish. It is both sweet and spicy and is very easy to make. It can be served with rice, or you can leave the chicken breasts whole, glazed with the spicy honey-orange sauce. It is very easy to adjust the ingredients to fit your family's taste. This recipe was adapted from a recipe that was given to me by a friend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, adjust to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 -3 green onion stems, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1In small bowl, combine honey with juice concentrate, orange zest, garlic, and the red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- 2Pound chicken to approximately 1/4 " thickness. Cut into bite size pieces.
- 3In a plastic bag mix together the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss chicken pieces to lightly coat with flour mixture.
- 4In a large non-stick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stirfry until just cooked through.
- 5Pour honey mixture over chicken and cook, stirring to coat all chicken pieces with spicy honey-orange glaze. Sprinkle with parsley and green onion.
- 6Tip: As stated above, you can leave the chicken breasts whole. Pour the glaze over chicken that has been cooked through, turning chicken to coat as sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Serve chicken breasts with honey-orange glaze spooned over the top. Garnish with parsley and green onions.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Honey-Orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.7
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 338.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 26.8 g