Cook1 hr 15 mins
This recipe uses a classic Cantonese dipping sauce as its base. The ribs make a wonderful appetizer or can be served as an entree with french fries and coleslaw.
- Remove the membrane from the underside of the ribs: Dislodge a bit of the membrane, grip it with a paper towel and pull membrane away.
- Place ribs in a baking dish.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Coat the ribs evenly on both sides with the rub.
- Marinate the ribs, refrigerated for at least an hour and up to 8 hours for extra flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place marinated ribs on a wire rack, meaty side up.
- Place rack on a foil-lined baking dish on the middle oven rack.
- Place a small pan of hot water in the bottom of the oven and roast the ribs until the meat begins to shrink from the ends of the bone, about 75 minutes.
- Brush the meaty side of ribs with reserved marinade once or twice during roasting.
- Do not turn the ribs over while roasting.
- These ribs can also be cooked on the outdoor grill or smoked per your smoker directions.
This was really, really good dish. Easy and yummy! Made no changes. Will make again for a bbq in the summer. Thanks for posting!
Very easy to make, others will think you slaved all day making this dish. My guest loved it, I really enjoyed the unique taste. I stayed to your exact ingrediants and will do it again. Thanks