Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pineapple, peeled cored and cut into 8 thick rings
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until translucent and beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the honey, hot pepper sauce and chili powder and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and set aside.
- Preheat a grill or large grill pan to medium-high. Rub the chicken with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt.
- Grill until well marked, about 7 minutes.
- Flip and cook until the bottoms are well marked and the chicken is cooked through, another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and brush with the reserved honey glaze. Cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the pineapple until well marked on one side, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve with the chicken.
Delicious - recommended for the sweet-tooth family!
Had this for supper last nite, and its a keeper! It is the very best glaze I have ever had. Thanks so much for posting this! I think I am gona try it on salmon next.