Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple worknight dish that will totally surprise you with flavor. It's great because every cook I know has all of these ingredients in their cupboards already! I got this recipe from a Cooking Light magazine and I serve it with pan fried broccoli and sweet hawaiian rolls. You can either use chicken breasts, or chicken thighs, and I recommend using boneless and skinless! This has only a medium spicy level, so just increase or decrease red pepper flakes to your taste... and enjoy!
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml ground red pepper
- 8 chicken thighs
- 88.74 ml honey
- 9.85 ml cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients (all the dry spices.).
- Place chicken pieces in the large bowl and toss to coat. Make sure each piece of chicken is entirely covered with the spice mix.
- Line a baking pan with foil and place coated chicken pieces on it with space between each piece.
- In a small bowl, mix honey and vinegar with a whisk and set aside.
- Put chicken under the broiler for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces once, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take out and drizzle or brush on 1/2 of the honey mixture. Cook 3 minutes.
- Turn pieces one last time and brush on the other half of the honey mixture. Cook until done, and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
I've done this before, but instead of cider vinegar, I've used balsamic. It was great and easy!!
This was very easy to make, but the tastes just didn't meld together well for me. It seemed they fought each other. I really expected to love this, but it just wasn't what I expected. I used 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, and had to cook them twice as long as posted to get them done....so the juices ran clear. Sorry this wasn't more to my taste....it is really easy to make!
This was a very good chicken recipe. The slight heat and sweetness made for a different kind of chicken. Easy to put together. Will make again!!!!!!!!!!