Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
This is a simple worknight dish that will totally surprise you with flavor. It's great because every cook I know has all of these ingredients in their cupboards already! I got this recipe from a Cooking Light magazine and I serve it with pan fried broccoli and sweet hawaiian rolls. You can either use chicken breasts, or chicken thighs, and I recommend using boneless and skinless! This has only a medium spicy level, so just increase or decrease red pepper flakes to your taste... and enjoy!
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml ground red pepper
- 8 chicken thighs
- 88.74 ml honey
- 9.85 ml cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients (all the dry spices.).
- Place chicken pieces in the large bowl and toss to coat. Make sure each piece of chicken is entirely covered with the spice mix.
- Line a baking pan with foil and place coated chicken pieces on it with space between each piece.
- In a small bowl, mix honey and vinegar with a whisk and set aside.
- Put chicken under the broiler for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces once, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take out and drizzle or brush on 1/2 of the honey mixture. Cook 3 minutes.
- Turn pieces one last time and brush on the other half of the honey mixture. Cook until done, and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.