Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch. From the Shelburne Inn Seaview, Washington. Serving size is an estimate and the yield is according to the amount of bacon or ham.
- thickly sliced bacon or ham
- 1 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon toasted and ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons toasted and ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange bacon in a jellyroll pan and bake in oven until almost crisp, about 18 minutes.
- Process remaining ingredients in a food processor until smooth, about 10 seconds.
- Drain fat from bacon pan and then brush one side of bacon with the glaze and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn bacon over, brush other side with glaze and bake 10 minutes more.
I used a spiral sliced ham, and this glaze turned out very nice. I spread the slices a bit so the glaze got in between the slices. Made for bargain basement.