Recipe by Clarely
Only a few ingredients needed for a sweet & spicy dinner. Cooking time includes marinating time of 30 minutes.
Top Review by History Teacher
This is a very good recipe. I made this tonight, and everyone enjoyed it. I did feel it was a bit too spicy; I know this is a personal taste, but I also fed the stir fry to three grown men (big guys), and they, too, thought it was a bit too spicy. The spice snuck up on you. You first taste the sweet, and then the heat hits you. This really is an excellent recipe, I just will use about 1/4 tsp. of crushed red pepper next time. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen stir fry vegetables (Walmart has a surprisingly good selection!)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a microwave safe bowl big enough to fit the shrimp in as well. Microwave the sauce for about 30 seconds just to melt the honey.
- Stir well, add shrimp and toss to coat them.
- Marinate for 30 min to an hour, stirring once. (This could also be done in a ziplock bag).
- Stir fry the veggies in a large skillet or a wok.
- When veggies are thawed but not fully cooked, add the shrimp and marinade.
- Stir fry for 2-4 min until shrimp are done.
- Add cornstarch and stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice.