Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Only a few ingredients needed for a sweet & spicy dinner. Cooking time includes marinating time of 30 minutes.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a microwave safe bowl big enough to fit the shrimp in as well. Microwave the sauce for about 30 seconds just to melt the honey.
- Stir well, add shrimp and toss to coat them.
- Marinate for 30 min to an hour, stirring once. (This could also be done in a ziplock bag).
- Stir fry the veggies in a large skillet or a wok.
- When veggies are thawed but not fully cooked, add the shrimp and marinade.
- Stir fry for 2-4 min until shrimp are done.
- Add cornstarch and stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice.
This is a very good recipe. I made this tonight, and everyone enjoyed it. I did feel it was a bit too spicy; I know this is a personal taste, but I also fed the stir fry to three grown men (big guys), and they, too, thought it was a bit too spicy. The spice snuck up on you. You first taste the sweet, and then the heat hits you. This really is an excellent recipe, I just will use about 1/4 tsp. of crushed red pepper next time. Thanks for sharing!
We LOVED it! For the marinade, I used chinese rice vinegar instead of dry sherry, used fresh grated ginger instead of powder and added an extra generous pinch of red pepper flakes! For some reason, there wasn't much sauce left in the wok to thicken so I added in 1/2 cup chicken stock followed by the cornflour mixture (I mixed 1 tsp cornflour in 1 tsp water). This was perfect for us since the sauce was just enough to coat the prawns and veggies. Thank you, Clare, for sharing another one of your wonderful recipes, definitely will be making it again! Made for PAC Spring '08.