Recipe by GT in SA
A tasty dish prepared in a jiffy.
Top Review by Kansas A
This dish I would make again! It was delicious. A bit tedious to make but well worth it. I served it over brown rice and it was the main part of our meal. I sprinkled a few shakes of cayenne pepper because I did not have the szechwan pepper, and I don't like things particularly hot, unlike my husband, and we both enjoyed it! Thanks for the recipe :)
- 1 kg boneless chicken breast, cut in 1 1/2 inc cubes
- 5 celery ribs, peeled and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground szechwan pepper (may be substituted by 1/2 t cayenne)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss chicken pieces with cornstarch to coat.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet, stir-fry celery pieces over high heat for one minute and set aside.
- Add more oil to utensil if required and quickly brown chicken pieces with garlic. Work in two batches if necessary.
- Return celery and chicken to utensil, add rest of the ingredients, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked, approximately 3 minute.
- Serve with boiled or fried rice and stir-fried vegetables.