Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A zesty dish that puts leftover Super Bowl celery to work.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut to 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 5 celery ribs, cut to 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Toss chicken pieces with cornstarch to coat.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet, stir-fry celery pieces over high heat for 1 minute and set aside.
- Add more oil to pan if required and quickly brown chicken pieces with garlic. Work in two batches if necessary.
- Return celery and chicken to pan, combine and add rest of the ingredients, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked, approximately 3 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice.
I needed to get rid of some celery and this was a great way to do it. Thanks for passing on the recipe!