Recipe by Ranikabani
I developed this recipe because I wanted something that had a spicier flavour than instant products readily available in your local grocery store but I wanted the ease with which to make it too. I think this recipe is easy to follow and versatile too. You can add any vegetable that you may have in the house and adjust the spices to suit yourself. You can change the type of pasta/sauce used too. Everytime you make it, it can be different from the last time! You can even make it using ground chicken, turkey, or even seafood (or with no meat at all!) Enjoy!
Top Review by George P.
Really easy. I used taco seasoning in addition to the paprika and it turned out really good. The instructions lack some essential instructions that may not be obvious to a newbie cook. For example, that you need to drain the fat from the ground beef. Also, it would have been helpful if it indicated that you should start the vegetables in before the ground beef.<br/><br/>Good overall
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 Spanish onions or 1 regular onion, chopped finely
- 1 green pepper, chopped finely
- black pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt!)
- 1 (680 ml) canof your favourite spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onions and saute with meat and green peppers until meat is browned.
- Add spaghetti sauce and lower heat and cover and cook for about 15 min.
- Cook pasta in a seperate saucepan.
- Drain pasta and add to meat sauce.
- Mix well.
- Add grated parmesan cheese on top if desired.