A meatball recipe with an Asian twist from Super Food Ideas. Times are estimated and only for the meatballs and sauce (not doing noodles) and have estimated on meatballs being cooked in 2 batches.
- Combine mince, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, chilli, half the garlic and half the hoisin sauce in a bowl and season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Roll level tablespoons of mix into balls and place on a plate.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook meatballs, turning for about 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add ginger and remaining garlic to pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant and add 1/2 cup cold water and remaining hoisin sauce and bring to the boil and then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened and then return meatballs to pan and stir to coat.
- Serve with noodles and onion.
- VARIATION - you could use pork mince instead of chicken.