1/5 Photos of Spicy Hoisin Meatballs
A meatball recipe with an Asian twist from Super Food Ideas. Times are estimated and only for the meatballs and sauce (not doing noodles) and have estimated on meatballs being cooked in 2 batches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine mince, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, chilli, half the garlic and half the hoisin sauce in a bowl and season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- 2Roll level tablespoons of mix into balls and place on a plate.
- 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook meatballs, turning for about 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- 4Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- 5Add ginger and remaining garlic to pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant and add 1/2 cup cold water and remaining hoisin sauce and bring to the boil and then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened and then return meatballs to pan and stir to coat.
- 6Serve with noodles and onion.
- 7VARIATION - you could use pork mince instead of chicken.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Hoisin Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.0
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 134.9 mg
- Sodium 832.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: