Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
A delicious side dish, but also a favorite lunch of mine. It's a nice contrast to sweet yam recipes.
- 2 lbs yams, unpeeled, sliced in 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine all of the ingredients except yams in bowl; stir well to combine.
- Place yams in ziploc bag, and add oil mixture.
- Toss until well coated.
- Place on baking sheet, lying flat.
- Bake at 425°F for 11-13 minutes.
- Flip yams with spatula; bake additional 11-13 minutes or until tender.
So happy to find another non-sweet yam recipe. Sprinkling with parmesan cheese a few minutes before the end of baking was a tasty addition. Thanks.