Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- to taste salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (1 to 2)
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and fry the garlic and onion for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add the parsley, mint, cinnamon and lemon juice and mix together well.
- Season, toss with hot pasta, and sprinkle with cilantro and pine nuts.
- This sauce can also be served with cold pasta.