1/1 Photo of Spicy Hearty Mexican Ground Turkey Soup
Grace Lynn's Note:
I came up with this one cold and rainy afternoon because I wanted something healthy, spicy, tasty and warm. I was pleasantly surprised with the results and thought I better write this down before I forget, because I want to make it again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 8 ounces of sliced button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oil in a 4 quart soup pot on medium high.
- 2Sautee onions and garlic until soft and transparent.
- 3Push it to the side and add ground turkey.
- 4Cook until nicely browned and mix with onion mixture.
- 5Add serrano peppers, cilantro, stewed tomatoes and corn, cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 6Add mushrooms, chipotle chile powder, lime juice and chicken broth.
- 7Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Hearty Mexican Ground Turkey Soup
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.8
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 117.4 mg
- Sodium 426.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 46.0 g