Recipe by Grace Lynn
I came up with this one cold and rainy afternoon because I wanted something healthy, spicy, tasty and warm. I was pleasantly surprised with the results and thought I better write this down before I forget, because I want to make it again!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 8 ounces of sliced button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream, if you like
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 4 quart soup pot on medium high.
- Sautee onions and garlic until soft and transparent.
- Push it to the side and add ground turkey.
- Cook until nicely browned and mix with onion mixture.
- Add serrano peppers, cilantro, stewed tomatoes and corn, cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms, chipotle chile powder, lime juice and chicken broth.
- Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.