Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great chili full of veggies from Jeff Newman Could be a tad fiery to some!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 10 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 43 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 32 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup light beer
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan coated with nonstick spray cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain off any fat.
- Stir in the peppers, celery and jalapeños.
- Cook and stir for 8 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.