My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch squares (about 2 cs.)
- 12 green onions, cut into 3/4-inch lengths (about 1 c.)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large ripe papaya, peeled and seeded,cut into 3/4-inch dice (about 2 cs.)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1Whisk together soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, and sesame oil; whisk in cornstarch and crushed red pepper.
- 3Heat oil in a wok or heavy frying pan.
- 4Over high heat, stir-fry bell pepper until tender-crisp, about 1 minute.
- 5Stir in onion, and garlic; cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- 6Stir in shrimp; cook, stirring constantly until shrimp is firm and opaque, about 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in papaya; heat through.
- 8Rewhisk soy sauce mixture; stir into pan.
- 9Cook until mixture thickens, about 30 seconds.
- 10Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- 11Serve with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Papaya Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Papaya Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Hawaiian Papaya & Shrimp Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 220.8 mg
- Sodium 1271.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 27.6 g