Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My sons and I made this the other day, it's quick,easy and it taste great.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans (drained)
- 3 -4 carrots (diced)
- 3 -4 potatoes (diced)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 (46 ounce) bottle spicy hot V8
- salt and pepper
- In a large stock pot add carrots, potatoes, old bay seasoning and enough water to boil, and boil for 10 minute.
- Meanwhile brown ground beef and drain off any fat.
- Once potatoes and carrots have boiled for 10 mins add.
- beef,corn,greenbeans,peas,V8 juice and salt and pepper to taste, Bring to boil again then simmer for 15 minutes.
It's unusually cold here and coupled with getting over a sinus infection I wanted comfort food that I could taste. I love this with the spicy V8. I added a small can of tomatoe sauce & substituted lima beans for the peas. I think I did not put the full amount of Old Bay but will do so next time. I used all canned veggies as well. This was really good with corn bread. Just what the doctor and old man winter ordered! Someone suggested I add rotel tomatoes next time.....
Very simple and fast. We liked it, but didn't love it. If I make it again I think I will use half v-8 and half beef broth. Thanks for posting!
I LOVE this soup, and I'm not a big vegetable eater. In fact, I thought I had an aversion to V-8. (I won't drink it alone, but that may change now.) I've been collecting recipes that I hope have a lot of flavor and are satisfying without a lot of calories. This soup fits all three categories. Here are a few changes I made to fit our taste: 1) I left out the peas; 2) because Spicy Hot V-8 is not available in Singapore, I purchase regular V-8 and use recipe #153549 (Hot & Spicy V-8) to kick up the flavor. It makes a lot of soup, and I like having this on-hand for quick meals. Thanks for posting this -- it's one of the few ways I eat veges.