This recipe was featured in an email from the www.sparkrecipes.com website. Submitted by CHRISSY_8106 "A quick stir fry that packs a spicy punch."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup lean ground beef (one reviewer suggests ground turkey to make it even healthier)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot spice blend (try Oriental 5 spice blend if you can find it)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced (or strips)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1Cook one cup rice according the package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in pan over medium heat. Brown the ground beef or ground turkey, whichever you are using.
- 3Add spices excluding soy sauce. Add vegetables. Cook until vegetables are soft but still slightly crisp.
- 4Add rice and soy sauce. Stir and serve.
- 5Spices can be adjusted according to your tastes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Hamburger Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.6
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 464.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot spice blend