Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was featured in an email from the www.sparkrecipes.com website. Submitted by CHRISSY_8106 "A quick stir fry that packs a spicy punch."
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup lean ground beef (one reviewer suggests ground turkey to make it even healthier)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot spice blend (try Oriental 5 spice blend if you can find it)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced (or strips)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- Cook one cup rice according the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in pan over medium heat. Brown the ground beef or ground turkey, whichever you are using.
- Add spices excluding soy sauce. Add vegetables. Cook until vegetables are soft but still slightly crisp.
- Add rice and soy sauce. Stir and serve.
- Spices can be adjusted according to your tastes.
Good. Not quit as "curry-licious" as I thought it would be but good. I added 2 teaspoons grated ginger root and 1 teaspoon minced garlic.