Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Came up with this out of the blue. My dad really liked them; he claimed the leftovers for his lunch the next day. I served these for dinner but I'm sure they would make a great appetizer. Would probably also be tasty with chicken used in place of the ham.
- Prepare veggies. Thinly slice big potato in the long direction. You'll need about 15 slices that you are able to roll up and hold together with a toothpick. The bigger, the better. Cut asparagus into 1" sections. (I steamed my asparagus before baking the rolls but I'm not sure if it was necessary). Toss asparagus with small amount of oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spray cooking sheet with oil and place potato slices onto sheet.
- In middle of each slice, place small amount of ham and asparagus. Put a small amount of cheese in each also. Don't put too much in or it'll melt out all over the cookie sheet. Reserve some cheese for topping.
- Roll each potato slice and stab all the way through with tooth pick.
- Spray rolls with cooking spray and sprinkle with red pepper, black pepper and salt. Place 1 slice of jalapeno on each tooth pick (so it doesn't fall off). Sprinkle reserved cheese on top of rolls.
- Bake at 425F for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes begin to crisp.
Delicious! We eat a lot of asparagus in the Spring and I'm always on the lookout for new recipes. This is similar to my ham and asparagus rollups, but I really liked the potato. Thanks for sharing Andrew!