Andrew Mollmann's Note:
Came up with this out of the blue. My dad really liked them; he claimed the leftovers for his lunch the next day. I served these for dinner but I'm sure they would make a great appetizer. Would probably also be tasty with chicken used in place of the ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare veggies. Thinly slice big potato in the long direction. You'll need about 15 slices that you are able to roll up and hold together with a toothpick. The bigger, the better. Cut asparagus into 1" sections. (I steamed my asparagus before baking the rolls but I'm not sure if it was necessary). Toss asparagus with small amount of oil, salt, and pepper.
- 2Spray cooking sheet with oil and place potato slices onto sheet.
- 3In middle of each slice, place small amount of ham and asparagus. Put a small amount of cheese in each also. Don't put too much in or it'll melt out all over the cookie sheet. Reserve some cheese for topping.
- 4Roll each potato slice and stab all the way through with tooth pick.
- 5Spray rolls with cooking spray and sprinkle with red pepper, black pepper and salt. Place 1 slice of jalapeno on each tooth pick (so it doesn't fall off). Sprinkle reserved cheese on top of rolls.
- 6Bake at 425F for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes begin to crisp.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Ham Asparagus Cheese Potato Roll Ups (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.2
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 1365.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: