- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together paprika, oregano, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a small bowl; stir until well combined.
- Place halibut on a nonstick or vegetable spray-coated broiler pan. Brush melted butter onto top surfaces of halibut and sprinkle ½ teaspoon of seasoning mixture over the surface of each steak.
- Broil 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Store remaining spice mixture in an airtight container for future use.