Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Halibut has a lot of bold flavor. I have greatly enjoyed it of winter evenings near a fireplace.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
- Mix together paprika, oregano, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a small bowl; stir until well combined.
- Place halibut on a nonstick or vegetable spray-coated broiler pan. Brush melted butter onto top surfaces of halibut and sprinkle ½ teaspoon of seasoning mixture over the surface of each steak.
- Broil 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Store remaining spice mixture in an airtight container for future use.
I love this rub, I followed the instuctions except I didn't add the salt. I just put that on before lightly because of my high blood pressure.
Blackened fish taste without getting the house all smokey! Next time I'll coat both sides of the fish, as I am a spice lover. We enjoyed this very much....thanks for sharing the recipe.
It was okay. cooked it on foil in the barbeque as halibut is quite a fragrant fish and the house seems to absorb the smell.