1/5 Photos of Spicy Habanero Jelly
I do recommend wearing gloves. This is sweet & spicy so beware. This is great served over cream cheese.Try adding it to your favorite barbecue sauce for a little extra kick. Spread it on your sandwiches. I've added it to salsas. You can also make this with jalapenos and green bell pepper to get a milder jelly.As in the picture. Some recipes using the jelly!
My Private Note
1/2 pin ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb red habanero peppers or 1/2 lb yellow habanero peppers or 1/2 lb orange habanero pepper, washed, drained, stems and seeds removed unless you want extra spicy
- 1/4 lb bell pepper, color your choice washed, drained, stems and seeds removed
- 2 cups cider vinegar, divided
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 ounces liquid pectin, 2 packets (I`ve made this Oct 2010 with 1 packette and jelled beautifully)
- yellow food coloring (optional) or orange food coloring (optional) or red food coloring (optional)
- 1Puree peppers and 1 cup vinegar in blender (be careful of your eyes HOT FUMES).
- 2Combine puree 1 cup vinegar and sugar in a large saucepan.
- 3Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- 4Stir in pectin stirring while boiling hard for 1 minute.
- 5Remove from stove and skim foam.
- 6Stir in food coloring till eye appealing.
- 7Or skip if you like as is.
- 8Ladle hot jelly into clean hot jars,leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- 9Adjust caps Process 10 minutes in boiling water canner.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Habanero Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (2189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 176.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 173.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g