Recipe by spatchcock
This is a wonderful guac recipe. My mom gave this to me; she had xeroxed it from what looks like maybe Taste of Home magazine. It is great! And definitely spicy. If you need more spice, add some hot sauce. I don't think you'll need it, though :-)
Top Review by SARA A.
I am anxious to try this recipe,thank you, love guacamole! I usually add salsa, as I don't always have peppers on hand. Here's a tip I got from a relative. If by some chance you have leftovers, if you leave the avacado pit in the guac, it will stay fresh for a couple days. I tried it, and it was the third day before it started turning brown.
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I left this out)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large serrano chilies, seeded chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt