Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
7 Ww points for 2 tacos
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 6 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 (6 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- In a non stick pan add the turkey and onions, cook over medium heat until the turkey has browned and onions are translucent, drain. Add spices and stir to mix.
- To serve, place 1/4 cup of the turkey in each tortilla. Top with 1 tablespoon cheese, 1/4 of the tomatoes, 1/2 cup lettuce, and 2 tablespoons salsa.
- Caloies 340, fat 13 gm, fiber 7gm.
Very nice tacos. I used a full pkg. of turkey (1.20 lbs) and tripled the spices. I liked that you stirred in the spices as the final step. I think it resulted in more flavor! Thanks for posting, Mike. Roxygirl
These did not turn out very well. I did have to add salt and extra chili and cumin. With those additions they were much better. As stated the were inedible! But it was a healthy dinner.
Great, but I did make some changes. I used a full package of ground turkey (20 oz.), increased to 1 small onion & 4 tablespoons Penzey's Bold Taco Seasoning (which is a blend of salt, onion, paprika, tomato powder, red pepper, cumin, garlic, cilantro, oregano, pepper & cocoa). Very flavorful topped with lettuce & salsa. Nice healthy dinner.