Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Very simple and quick to prepare, makes great next day sandwiches. The addition of gingersnaps instead of breadcrumbs gives the loaf a unique and tasty flavor.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 links hot Italian turkey sausage
- 3⁄4 cup gingersnaps, finely crushed
- 1⁄3 cup onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup low-sodium V8 juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- Remove the sausage from its casing and mix all ingredients together.
- Put mixture into a loaf pan sprayed with Pam.
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 1hr.10min.
- Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes before removing from pan and serving.
I actually used ground turkey instead of chicken and I didn't use the Italian sausage and this still turned out great! I guess it was a turkey gingersnap meatloaf. But it worked! We loved it!!
This was a delicious recipe. I used 1/2 c. minced fresh onion instead. Tasty and unique, not spicy.
Delicious ! My husband and I loved it. We will definately eat this again. I only added one Andouille sausage, not 3 and it was tasty, not spicy. I used a tomtoe based spicy vegetable juice blend. I would think you could also use bloody mary mix.