Recipe by Eric #32
This taco mixture uses ground beef, plus two kinds of chili powder and ground peppers, jalapeno pepper, cumin, garlic, tomatoes, onion, and "hot" paprika.
Top Review by janinescardino
These were really good, and very spicy. I substituted the new mexico chili powder for reg. chili powder and the Hungarian paprika with reg. paprika and it was still very good. Thanks for another variation of tacos, we love any and all mexican food!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon new mexico chile powder
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 small white onion, Finely Diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely diced (seeds and juice squeezed before dicing)
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 5 teaspoons hot Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup water
- 6 flour tortillas or 6 hard taco shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet, drain off fat.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer over medium-high heat until water has evaporated.
- Spoon mixture over your choice of hard taco shells or tortillas.
- Notes: Suggested condiments: Sour Cream, Shredded Lettuce, Salsa, Shredded Cheese.