8 hrs 30 mins
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution’ by ATK
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, minced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano (or 1 t. dried)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 slices white bread, torn into quarters
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (90%)
- 1Microwave onions, chili powder, oil, garlic, cumin, coriander, and oregano in bowl, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- 2Stir tomato sauce, vinegar, and sugar into slow cooker.
- 3Mash bread and milk into paste in large bowl using fork.
- 4Mix in ground beef, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper using hands.
- 5Stir beef mixture int o slow cooker, breaking up any large pieces (do not overmix).
- 6Cover and cook until beef is tender, 6-8 hours on LOW or 3-5 hours on HIGH.
- 7Let beef filling settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon.
- 8Break up any remaining large pieces of beef with spoon.
- 9Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Use as filling for tacos, burritos, etc.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Ground Beef Taco Filling
Serving Size: 1 (1582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.3
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 438.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 33.1 g