Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom used to make this and it was a BIG hit! Spicy mexican flare to a great, easy pasta dish! double the recipe for a large group or plenty of leftovers!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2-1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup diced white onions or 1⁄2 cup yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel original tomatoes and green chilies (mild or hot if you prefer)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 canned sweet red cherry peppers
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (or other shape pasta)
- salt and pepper
- your favorite corn chips
- in a large skillet or 2-3 quart pan, brown ground beef and drain grease; return to pan.
- add water, onion, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and cook until onion is soft.
- add rotel and corn, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes stirring often.
- remove stems from cherry peppers and tear into small pieces, remove seeds if you want, add to meat mixture- you may also add 1-2 tablespoons of juice from the peppers.
- continue to simmer covered while you prepare the noodles to slightly more firm than al dente.
- add noodles to meat making sure there is just enough liquid in the pan to cover the noodles.
- continue to simmer covered until liquid is absorbed.
- serve over crushed corn chips and with a fresh salad.
It was good, but it need something to hold it together. So, I added a 6 oz can of tomato paste.