Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I'd never tried ground turkey meat before. I got curious when our small grocery store down the road got some in and I just had to try it. I came up with this recipe through a magazine I had that my (of all people) gastro doctor suggested. It's called EatingWell and it has healthy recipes. Some of them are frankly off the wall, but this one wasn't bad.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash allspice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 buns (I prefer onion buns from the bakery)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill.
- Mix together, but don't overmix, the burger ingredients and brush with oil.
- Place on the grill when hot and grill until the center is no longer pink.
- Place on warmed buns and top with any burger fixin's. I tried mayo and dill pickles and that was pretty good.