Recipe by Rita~
No rolling here. This variation for tuna rolls is a great summer meal refreshingly light, made with fresh grated ginger, powdered wasabi, soy all flavors from Asia. Plated over avocado slices and served with additional soy and wasabi.
Top Review by under12parsecs
M-m-mmm-mmmmm... Such a refreshing and light dinner! I absolutely loved the wasabi, ginger, and soy on the tuna. Fantastic with fresh ripe tomatoes, english cukes, and mixed greens. I will absolutely be making this all the time while we have grilling weather!
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons rive wine vinegar
- 1 lb tuna steak
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, sliced
- soy sauce, to taste
- tomatoes, slices
- cucumber, stick
- lime slice
- wasabi paste, to taste
- jasmine rice (optional)
- nori, sheet shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except steaks and garnishes. Spread the mix on steak and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the grill for high heat, brush oil onto the grill, and place tuna on grill. After 2 minutes, rotate the steak 45 to 90 degrees for grill marks. Grilling will take a total of 4 minutes on each side depending on thickness and taste.
- Let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Slice into 12 slices. Serving 3 per person.
- Serve over avocado slices with soy and wasabi paste and additional garnishes of choice.