Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
No rolling here. This variation for tuna rolls is a great summer meal refreshingly light, made with fresh grated ginger, powdered wasabi, soy all flavors from Asia. Plated over avocado slices and served with additional soy and wasabi.
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons rive wine vinegar
- 1 lb tuna steak
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, sliced
- soy sauce, to taste
- tomatoes, slices
- cucumber, stick
- lime slice
- wasabi paste, to taste
- jasmine rice (optional)
- nori, sheet shredded (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except steaks and garnishes. Spread the mix on steak and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the grill for high heat, brush oil onto the grill, and place tuna on grill. After 2 minutes, rotate the steak 45 to 90 degrees for grill marks. Grilling will take a total of 4 minutes on each side depending on thickness and taste.
- Let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Slice into 12 slices. Serving 3 per person.
- Serve over avocado slices with soy and wasabi paste and additional garnishes of choice.
M-m-mmm-mmmmm... Such a refreshing and light dinner! I absolutely loved the wasabi, ginger, and soy on the tuna. Fantastic with fresh ripe tomatoes, english cukes, and mixed greens. I will absolutely be making this all the time while we have grilling weather!
Very good and easy fish dinner. I loved the garnishes and used them all. The marinade was great. Thanks! Made during ZWT7 for the Golden Gourmets.