Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are very good! They need a 2 hour marinating time for the chicken but that can be done earlier in the day, as with making the rice and then while cooking the chicken you can assemble the wraps and make a nice salad of greens, with spinach, red leaf lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red bell peppers, black olives, and feta cheese. Lovely! Originally mealsforyou with a bit of tweaking.
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice or 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice, from crushed pineapple
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 tablespoon chicken stock powder
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, reserving juice for chicken
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped almonds (optional) or 1 -2 tablespoon macadamia nuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water or 1 1⁄3 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup white rice
- parsley, chopped fine
- 4 large flour tortillas, warmed
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large sealable plastic bag, (from lemon juice through & including the red pepper flakes).
- Mix thoroughly and add chicken.
- Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Combine cream cheese and pineapple in a bowlwith the nuts, if using.
- Mix thoroughly and refrigerate until ready to use.
- About 40 minutes before cooking chicken, bring water to a boil in a heavy saucepan over high heat.
- Stir in rice and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Immediately reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Set aside 10 minutes, fluff with a fork & add parsley.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Prepare grill or turn on broiler.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Grill or broil chicken about 10 minutes, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade until cooked throughout.
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice thinly across the grain.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over center third of each tortilla.
- Add a large spoonful of rice.
- Top with sliced chicken breast.
- Fold tortillas, enclosing mixture to make a packet.
- Serve with a Pinot Blanc, or Sauvignon Blanc and enjoy thoroughly!