Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this awesome recipe after watching a cooking show, then added my own touches to it! The combination of the spicy shrimp and the sweet salsa must be shared together. Friends and family have really enjoyed this dish.
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, a
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a bowl combine lemon juice half of the olive oil(1/4 cup) the minced garlic and the red pepper flakes.
- Add shrimp and stir to coat. Let stand 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine pineapple, tomato, onion and parsley.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil (1/4 cup) and mix together.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and grill until pink.
- Plate and top with salsa.